The "Check for Software Updates" is the only relevant software right now - if you have software earlier than 1045 (Press and hold MUSIC to check) it will allow you to download the update.
The Librarian and Emergency reset tool are not available yet ... we are compiling a library of custom sounds and loops that will be available through our store later.
Still encountering dead strings...then when I beat on them, they finally wake up and play...don't know if it is a defect or just sensitivity issue....
When I hold down "Open", it shows "-1" and "0"....BOTH seem to be the Standard Tuning. If I move it to "1" it seems to be some other tuning...probably Rock e...comments?
Is there any way to remove the Whammy bar...even if I fold it back, it gets in the way...will never use it.
"Music" button is blinking all the time...is that the way it is supposed to work?
Although I am still getting accustomed to the controls, the guitar does seem to spontaneously do things unexpected..."Open" button will glow when I didn't touch it and don't want to change tuning; I will set guitar to a number (say #4) and then look again and it seems to be on some other setting; etc. The -1 and 0 settings in "Open" are puzzling too.
1. leave OPEN on for normal sensitivity on all strings. If OPEN is off the sensitivity of OPEN strings is decreased.
2. OPEN tunings can be selected from 0 and UP .. see the user manual, for custom open tuning see below
3. Whammy bar cannot be removed .. sorry
4. MUSIC button blinking indicates you have changed the preset. To save it hold MUSIC and press RECORD
5. -1 is custom OPEN tuning ....
HERE is the info for custom OPEN tuning
** Custom tuning, Open mode "-1".
This mode allows the player to set a custom "open" tuning that exists as Open mode "-1".
The tuning is saved to the guitar for future use.
1. Press and hold the OPEN button for two seconds (until the display flashes). At this
point the LED segment display will show the current custom tuning (defaulting to
standard tuning if this is the first time). As each string LED lights, the segment display
will show the current note name for that string.
2. Using the 12th fret as a reference, press the a fret above or below that point to select
the new open note for that string. For example, to set "Dropped-D" tuning, press the
10th fret (D) on the lowest string. This will set the open tuning for that string to the
D below standard E tuning.
3. Release the OPEN button. Your custom tuning will now be saved under Open mode "-1".
To return to standard tuning select Open mode "0".
Can you provide a step-by-step if I want to set up some customized presets...Cust Preset #1 wld be Synth#18 + Open#56....and Cust Preset #2 w/b Guitar#1 + Synth#50 + Open#1. So I can play Custom Preset #1 for the first song and then switch to custom preset for song #2....Thanks... Go to Preset #1
- Use UP down arrow to go to preset #1
- use fret select (while holding MUSIC, select a fret)
- LED blinks until preset has loaded
--set Synth 18: while holding SYNTH and use fret select to get synth 18 (18th fret on Low E string)
MUSIC led blinks to indicate you have changed the preset
--set Open 56: hold open and cursor up to 56
--while holding MUSIC press RECORD to save the presetPreset #2
- use fret select to go to preset #2, hold MUSIC and press fret #2 on Low E
- select Guitar #1: while holding guitar, press fret #1 on Low E string
- select Synth #50: while holding SYNTH press 10'th fret on D string
--while holding MUSIC press RECORD to save the preset