Home Forums Questions & Fixes YouRockGuitar + irig + iPad/garage band?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AkaMarko AkaMarko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AkaMarko
    AkaMarko

I know you can use the YRG with camera adapter kit and USB cable to act as a controller with garage band for iPad, my question is, can you plug the YRG into an IRig interface and plug into the iPad and use the different amps in garage band to amplify the internal sounds of the YRG. I'd like to hear what the YRG sounds sound like with the different amps in the garage band app. I figure it should work as you can use a standard guitar cable to plug into a regular amp.

Profile photo of dicb1
    dicb1
    Participant

Yes, just tried it. YRG 'guitar out' does work thru iRig, and you can choose the various Amp sounds. Very cool!

And another compatibility report, I have successfully used the YRG 'midi out' to drive a Roland BK-7m backing module. Very, very cool, indeed!

– Dicb1
    Many friends were there.
    Dusk preceded piano.
    Voice lifted in song.

AkaMarko

Awesome! Thanks for the report. I don't have a YRG yet and this was a hanging point for me. Now that I know it works, it's just a matter of days before I'll have my YRG, yipee!

AkaMarko

I guess I should report that I now have a YRG and have been having alot of fun with it including using it with the irig guitar interface and playing though Amplitude ap for ipad as well a Grage band for ipad both using the internal sounds amplified and as a midi contoller in Garage Band.

Profile photo of SVH
    SVH

I have used mine with both the regular irig as you have mentioned and with the irig midi to use the YRG as a midi controller on the iPad and iPhone. The fact that this unit accomodates both types of connectivity makes it such an extremely valuable tool for any musician at any level!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.